Bringing trauma informed yoga into clinical settings and social service organizations can be challenging. I work with yoga professionals who are motivated and ready to take responsibility for creating their own success. How do we create effective proposals that get results? How do we speak about our services in a way that is credible? As a yoga therapist who has been working in these settings since 2004, I can help you to create professional and effective programming proposals that will get you noticed.
To arrange a free 15-minute no cost/no obligation phone consultation to assist us in determining if we would be a good fit contact me.
ONE HOUR CONSULT: $95.00
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE (1.5 months – 6 sessions): $550.00
A comprehensive consulting and professional development package which includes identifying your goals, help with proposal writing and observation and feedback on your teaching. The package is tailored to meet your unique goals in order to support you creating a career that is fulfilling and makes a difference in the lives of others.
PHASE 1: Personalized Consulting (3 weeks)
- Discovery & Creation: Get clarity around on your personal and professional goals, financial targets and target markets. Create a structure for growth and accountability.
- Class Observation: Observe 2 classes in a clinical/treatment/social service organization and debrief after each class.
- Coaching: Supports you through your strategy for proposal development, marketing strategy and initial program development and implementation.
- Support & Implementation: Email support to edit and refine your proposal, answer your questions, clarify your course of action and provide feedback on next steps.
PHASE 2: Teaching Support & Strategy (3 weeks)
- Personal Feedback: Attendance at 2 of your classes in a clinical/treatment/social service organization and debrief after each class.
- Coaching: To support you through your strategy for conducting qualitative and quantitative research to support future funding of your program, proposal development, marketing to clients and future program development and implementation.
- Program Consulting: Once programming is underway I will offer email support to answer your questions and to work to develop optimal long-term programming.
Holding Space: an ongoing professional development workshop for trauma-informed yoga teachers, or yoga teachers with an interest in creating accessible yoga classes. This workshop, developed in partnership with Yoga Outreach, is a safe place for like-minded yoga teachers to gather, reflect, and grow while supporting the growth of other teachers within the community.
Together we will:
Explore and gain a deeper understanding of the teacher/student relationship, and professionalism in service yoga and studio settings.
Learn how to establish and communicate effective and compassionate boundaries.
Consider and discuss where traditional psychological theory and yoga intersect.
Develop an understanding and inclusive community to address questions about our work, debrief difficult teacher/student relationships, and discuss ethics.
Tuesday, October 10 at 5 PM – 9 PM @ Stretch Vancouver 80 E. Pender, Vancouver
$75 ($25 for current volunteers)
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
What Holding Space participants have to say:
“I appreciated the Holding Space Workshop because it reminded me of the basics of being a teacher: how to construct a class and places to draw inspiration for theming, as well as the importance of self-care and boundaries. I found the workshop an effective reminder of what excites me about teaching yoga.”
“Despite the abundance of yoga teachers in Vancouver we can easily be isolated and disconnected from one another; particularly trauma-informed and strength-based therapists and teachers who tend to work at recovery centres, social access agencies, etc. rather than at yoga studios. I would love to see this workshop offered more often!”
“Nicole has been my mentor throughout the 500-hour Therapeutic Yoga Certification. I am truly grateful to have received her guidance and support during the program and with preparing a proposal and therapeutic curriculum for a non-profit organization. I have benefited greatly in my own teaching and personal practice from Nicole’s knowledge, openness and generosity and her willingness to share her experiences in such and engaging and relatable way.”
Jennifer Miller, RYT-200, Advanced 500-hour Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga Certification at Ajna Yoga, Victoria, BC