Bringing trauma informed yoga into clinical settings and social service organizations can be challenging. I work with yoga professionals who are motivated and ready to take responsibility for creating their own success. How do we create effective proposals that get results? How do we speak about our services in a way that is credible? As a yoga therapist who has been working in these settings since 2004, I can help you to create professional and effective programming proposals that will get you noticed.
To arrange a free 15-minute no cost/no obligation phone consultation to assist us in determining if we would be a good fit contact me.
ONE HOUR CONSULT: $95.00
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE (1.5 months – 6 sessions): $550.00
A comprehensive consulting and professional development package which includes identifying your goals, help with proposal writing and observation and feedback on your teaching. The package is tailored to meet your unique goals in order to support you creating a career that is fulfilling and makes a difference in the lives of others.
PHASE 1: Personalized Consulting (3 weeks)
- Discovery & Creation: Get clarity around on your personal and professional goals, financial targets and target markets. Create a structure for growth and accountability.
- Class Observation: Observe 2 classes in a clinical/treatment/social service organization and debrief after each class.
- Coaching: Supports you through your strategy for proposal development, marketing strategy and initial program development and implementation.
- Support & Implementation: Email support to edit and refine your proposal, answer your questions, clarify your course of action and provide feedback on next steps.
PHASE 2: Teaching Support & Strategy (3 weeks)
- Personal Feedback: Attendance at 2 of your classes in a clinical/treatment/social service organization and debrief after each class.
- Coaching: To support you through your strategy for conducting qualitative and quantitative research to support future funding of your program, proposal development, marketing to clients and future program development and implementation.
- Program Consulting: Once programming is underway I will offer email support to answer your questions and to work to develop optimal long-term programming.
Holding Space with Nicole Marcia
Stretch – Vancouver, BC
March 26, 2017, 2-6 pm
$75 ($25 for Yoga Outreach volunteers)
Most teacher training’s provide teachers with the essential foundations for conducting public classes but often leave graduates without more in-depth training in negotiating the teacher/student relationship. Yoga teachers may lack an understanding community and peer support to address questions about their work, debrief difficult teacher/student relationships and discuss ethics. In this workshop participants will gain a theoretical and experiential foundation in the unique qualities of the teacher/student relationship as it pertains to yoga teaching in diverse settings (including studios and social service agencies), personal and professional boundaries, self-care and what it means to teach from a strengths-based, trauma-informed place. This workshop will be offered several times throughout the year and each session will focus on different aspects of personal and professional development.
“Nicole has been my mentor throughout the 500-hour Therapeutic Yoga Certification. I am truly grateful to have received her guidance and support during the program and with preparing a proposal and therapeutic curriculum for a non-profit organization. I have benefited greatly in my own teaching and personal practice from Nicole’s knowledge, openness and generosity and her willingness to share her experiences in such and engaging and relatable way.”
Jennifer Miller, RYT-200, Advanced 500-hour Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga Certification at Ajna Yoga, Victoria, BC