A collaborative mentorship for yoga & healthcare professionals to bring action to ideas
What is this Program About?
The Vision Lab Learning Collective provides in-depth collaborative consultation & coaching for you to grow your professional vision and bring your unique offering of trauma-informed yoga into your work, community and out into the world. This comprehensive program is tailored to meet each participant’s unique goals and is for professionals who are motivated & ready to take responsibility for creating their own success. The Vision Lab Learning community is rooted in the belief that success is rooted in community, not competition. When we support one another, we all grow!
This Program is for you if:
- You want to expand your work to support the well-being of others and you also want to be fairly compensated for it.
- You want to refine how to communicate your offering to others in an effective way.
- You’re already teaching somewhere and/or using trauma informed yoga in another context & you have a vision for what you would like to create, but it seems like a long shot and that has you discouraged.
- You want to be part of a community of learners who can help you to realize your unique offering & hold you to account for fulfilling on your goals.
- You are a graduate of a trauma-informed yoga training with Nicole and want to put what you’ve learned into practice.
- You have a project in mind or a goal that you are really clear about. Some examples include, creating community-based classes, teaching in health care settings, expanding your private practice.
- There is an element of teaching or using trauma-informed yoga techniques in your project (you don’t need to be a yoga teacher.)
- You understand that your success is aligned with the success of your peers and you are open to providing & receiving support. You are inspired by the idea of working within a collective!
- You are looking for support to create and fulfill upon a weekly structure to support your vision. This will include using your calendar/day-timer to remind you of actions & deadlines.
- You want customized mentorship for your unique vision.
How Does this Program Work?
This 8-week collaborative consulting program includes identifying goals, creating action plans, proposals, and getting peer and 1-1 support with developing and delivering your professional vision. Participants will expand their skills in the area of trauma informed yoga teaching and bring their unique expressions of this work out into the world.
What Does this Program Include?
Weekend of October 5 & 6, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Attend an urban weekend retreat in Vancouver to map out a plan for your personal and professional goals, financial targets and target markets. This will include completing a unique, week by week structure for growth and accountability that includes identifying Vision Lab learners who can help you with your vision as well as identify community members who can act as a resource for you along the way. Develop an 8-week strategy which will include actions and milestones. Practice and teach trauma informed Yoga to support your continuing professional development and maintain an embodiment practice throughout the course to facilitate a holistic approach to life & work.
Thursday evening’s 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct. 10, 17, 31/ Nov. 7, 14, 21
Attend a weekly online collective consulting group. Move through a trauma informed yoga practice & discuss and get support around any hurdles you are navigating in your project.
1-1 with Nicole. Fridays anytime between 7:30 am – 3:30 pm Oct. 11– Nov. 18
Book up to 30 minutes a week online with me over 8 weeks to support the realization of your vision & to debrief your teaching practice.
Peer to peer mentorship. Times & dates TBD Oct. 10 – Nov. 21
Book up to 30 minutes a week of online or in person peer to peer mentorship with your Vision Lab learning partner for 8 weeks to support your vision.
Class Observation/Participation (Optional)
Wednesday nights Oct. 9, 16 & 30 / Nov. 6, 13 & 20 at Ocean & Crow Yoga/Space
Observe up to 2 of Nicole’s community classes and attend an online debrief to discuss reflections & questions.
Program Length: 8 weeks – 36-hours (eligible for CEU’s with Yoga Alliance)
Dates: October 5 – November 22, 2019
Investment: $1275 + tax – includes program proposal templates, sample contracts and programming structures
Application Review, Interviews & Cohort Selection: May 1 -September 15, 2019
Full payment for the program is required 1 week after notification of cohort selection in order to secure your seat. Payment accepted by bank e-transfer. No refunds.
This Program is Not for You If:
- You’re looking for a quick fix, an easy button, for someone else to do the work for you or an online, do-it-yourself program.
- You aren’t willing to be open, vulnerable and take risks in pursuit of your goals.
- You aren’t committed to fully showing up, attending all sessions & doing the work.
- You aren’t just as committed to the success of your cohort as you are to you own.
- You aren’t comfortable receiving feedback on your work & trauma informed teaching practice.
- You are not willing to create and commit to a schedule to support your vision.
Attend an Information Session on July 31 5:45 – 6:45 @ Ocean & Crow Yoga/Space. To reserve your spot click here.
To download an application form, click here. Send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, we will set up a time to talk in order to determine whether or not we are a good fit for one another. We will only be accepting 8 applicants into the Fall session. The deadline to apply is September 1, 2019.
Application Review, Interviews, and Cohort Selection: May 1 – Sept 15
Full payment (non-refundable) for the program is required 1 week after notification of cohort selection in order to secure your seat. Payment accepted by bank e-transfer.
“Nicole has been my mentor throughout the 500-hour Therapeutic Yoga Certification. I am truly grateful to have received her guidance and support during the program and with preparing a proposal and therapeutic curriculum for a non-profit organization. I have benefited greatly in my own teaching and personal practice from Nicole’s knowledge, openness and generosity and her willingness to share her experiences in such and engaging and relate-able way.”
Jennifer Miller, RYT-200, Advanced 500-hour Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga Certification at Ajna Yoga, Victoria, BC